Some reasons why paintings look similar to life.
- If you want to be happy with drawing, draw for yourself. Then share your happiness with others.
- You may want to sell it, but it is worth nothing unless you feel it is worthwhile.
- Each brush stroke brings the painting closer to what it would become, and only the artist can guess.
- Little mistakes are all forgotten. Unless you see the big picture, there's no hope. It's too complex if you only look at the details.
- A copy is just a copy, not a painting. A painting is a painting only if it has its own story to tell.
- A part of the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.