If we were to believe the TV commercials, the biggest problem plaguing our Earth are dry and dull hair and oily/lifeless skin of women. The world will be all happy and satiated if you could solve these problems with all those shampoos, conditioners, fairness creams etc. which by the way are biggest scientific invention ever. Problems which come close to the above in their severity are:
- Your not having that one perfect party dress/jewellery which they are selling on their website.
- That child in your house who's waiting to turn into the next Einstein or Tendulkar by consuming that health product with a 100 nutrients.
In this day of rising feminism, it's surprising how they get away by saying that:
- inner glow of your skin is not a result of a healthy body and mind but can come by an external application of a cream
- 'taking care' of yourself doesn't mean empowering yourself with knowledge strength and confidence and spreading message of equality, but making your body hair your most nagging concern while going out with boys.
- being a good mother is not teaching your student fundamental life skills but making him drink a health supplement.
I really feel that these commercials are destroying what little good our feminist friends are doing to help women of this world stand up for themselves. One of my good friends, who was doing some life-changing work in advertisements, and since has taken to the debased profession of being a professional artist, had but one thing to say about her past profession: PURE EVIL!